Monday, August 18, 2014

Bout of Books 11.0 Update 1

Hello everyone! Today is the first day of the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon 11.0.

I did not do a TBR for this read-a-thon for two reasons. The first being that I forgot, and the second being that I start my AP English class at my high school on Wednesday. This is my first real exposure to public school life and I know this class will be difficult. I don't know how much reading I will be able to get done and how much reading I will be required to do for the class this week if any. So I'm just going to read whenever I can and whatever I want to.

Today I managed to finish the last 37 pages of We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (yes, her last name is Lockhart!).


I really enjoyed it even though I was kind of spoiled for the twist ending. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for something different in their contemporaries or books in general. It's best to go into it without knowing much and without being spoiled.

I have some Abide With Him work to do, tennis practice this afternoon, and plenty of things to do for school so I don't know how much more reading I will get done today. 

I do need to finish reading The Elements of Style, which is pretty much a guide to the English language, before Wednesday, and it would be great if I could finish it today. 

If I do have any extra time today I will start reading Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins, The Break Up Artist by Philip Siegel, or the fifth book in the Gallagher Girl series by Ally Carter. 

I hope to be posting on here again today to do the challenges (or at least one) for today.

So long!

Hannah Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment