Sunday, October 19, 2014

End of Event Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I think it was hour 7 that was the most daunting. I took a break around lunch for lunch and to do some homework. I was ready to get back to reading after that and I just wasn't quite in the reading mood at that time. Especially since I had just finished reading a new Gallagher Girls book and I had to transition to the depressing A Monster Calls.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
The Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter is very engaging and definitely kept me reading through the first fourth of the read-a-thon.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Reading sprints would be great! If there were some, I didn't see them and I'm sorry, but they would be fun!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I signed up late last year and didn't have cheerleaders, but this year I signed up early and did. I thought it was so cool having people commenting on my blog and tweeting me!

5. How many books did you read?
I read 1 ⅔ books

6. What were the names of the books you read?
I read Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls book 5) and most of A Monster Calls

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Out of Sight, Out of Time definitely!

8. Which did you enjoy least?
A Monster Calls is really depressing and, while it isn't bad, it probably wasn't the best book to read after an upbeat, action-packed contemporary book

9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will definitely be participating next time and probably just as a reader. I would love to be a cheerleader, but I also really want to read and I don't know how well I can balance that.

No comments:

Post a Comment