Saturday, October 17, 2015

Mid Event Survey-- and My 100th Post

We have finally reached hour 12 in Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon! That means it is time for the mid-event survey.

1. What are you reading right now?

I am reading A Thousand Nights by E. K. Johnston. It is a new YA fantasy release that is a retelling of A Thousand and One Nights. I'm also listening to Mockingjay at random times so that I'm completely prepared for Mockingjay Part 2! I am also reading Twisted Fairy Tales still.

2. How many books have you read so far?

Well, I finished the last hour of an audio book version of The Martian, and I read all of Nimona. I guess that would be slightly over one book unless you would like to count it as two books....

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Readathon?

I have taken a break from A Thousand Nights for the past couple of hours. I'm really excited to get back into it.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How have you dealt with those?

Well, this morning I had to clean the kitchen. I remedied that by listening to audio books. Then I had to go to band practice this afternoon and went shopping for a little while after that. I couldn't get any reading time in during that so I just got on my phone and cheered on other readers. The only other real distractions are food. I have even tried to fix that problem because cinnamon rolls, cookies, and guacamole are worth it.

5. What surprises you most about the Readathon so far?

I haven't had the endurance to make it through an entire full length novel yet. I've only finished an audio book and a graphic novel. I'm really hoping I can push through all of A Thousand Nights soon. I still have 260 pages left!

I hope everyone else is having a great time reading.

We can make it through these last hours!

Hannah Claire

2 comments:

  1. My trick is to pick SHORT books, preferably YA for the readathon. But hope you can get through A Thousand Nights by the end of the event! :)

    and the Martian! Great pick for the readathon. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoyed Nimona - I love love love it so much :D I hope that you're enjoying the readathon and that you get some more reading in!

    ReplyDelete