Wednesday, January 16, 2013

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA Book Review

Hola, once again my dear readers! I'm back again with another exciting (hopefully) post!

Okay, I had to tell you this. My little sister Lia saw the first post I put on here and didn't know what I was doing. I showed her the rest of my blog and she was so amazed by this blog. When she saw herself she said, "Uhhh... Why you do that?" It was pretty funny. She couldn't imagine what I was doing putting pictures of us on here.

Anyway....I finished PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (the book) last night and I wanted to post a review on it. I will be including some pictures to make the whole thing a lot funnier. I will not be including any spoilers, just some elements of the story.


First off, I would like to say that this book was amazing! It was almost another book that I don't even know why I enjoyed it (To Kill a Mockingbird was the same way). Here is my review.

rating: 5 stars!

favorite part: I loved the part where the Chandelier fell and the end, the torture part was kind of interesting

least favorite part: I found the graveyard scene kind of boring

part that I wish they had included because it was in the movie: I wish they had gone into the Phantom's background story more, they only did in the epilogue

part that I wish they had included in the movie: The Persian! He was pretty cool

age to read it: probably 13 or 14

would I read it again?: Yes!


Now we all know that we have to consider more when it comes to choosing a good book than a good story. We have to look out for language and excessive violence sometimes (it really depends on what your parents say). Here is some of the questionable material in PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.

language: there was not a lot of language like I was expecting

inappropriate stuff: they kiss, nothing bad really

violence: there's quite a bit of violence in this book. Raoul and the Persian are tortured physiologically, people are killed, Christine tries to kill herself (that was the worst of it and it's only her hitting her head against a wall and it bleeding)

if it were a movie it would be rated: PG-13, this book had more of a reason to be rated PG-13 than the movie did

Despite the violence and creepiness of this book, it was completely amazing. Now, like my review of SHADOW OF THE LIGHTS, I am going to include some pictures of how I felt during the book!










So that was how I felt about PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. A big thanks to Harry Potter and the random baby for helping me illustrate my feelings! 

I hope you enjoyed reading my review and I hope it compels you to read the book. 

Adios, mis amigos!

1 comment: