Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Best of Your Reading Year Challenge (Dewey's Read-a-Thon)

I haven't participated in any of the mini challenges for the Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon yet so I though I'd try this one.

This challenge is hosted over at Lisa's World of Books.

I have to choose at least three categories from the list and share my favorites in those categories and why.

Category 1: Best book of your reading year

THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett

This book made me see racism in a completely different light. There was the perfect mix of seriousness and funniness.

Category 2: Best YA book of your reading year

HEIST SOCIETY by Ally Carter

I absolutely loved the plot of this book and there wasn't too much romance! I think I read this in three days. I just loved it.

Category 3: Best Children's Book of your reading year

THE MAN WHO WALKED BETWEEN THE TOWERS

This is kind of a picture book but I though it told the story of 9/11 beautifully.

Category 4: Best Author of your reading year

ALLY CARTER

I've read two of her books and I think they are really good. I can't wait to read the rest of her books.

Category 5: Best non-fiction book of your reading year

OUTLIERS by Malcom Gladwell

This book made me see success in a completely different way. I now see that it is not only our talents that make us successful but our family origins, when you were born, where you live, and how much you practice that makes you the best.

I really enjoyed doing this challenge and I can't wait to spend even more time reading today!

So long!

Hannah Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment