Monday, January 27, 2014

Winter Jam Time!

I've been procrastinating.

I know it.

I should have posted more last week.

I'm sorry.

Anyway...

I guess it's time for my Winter Jam post. This one isn't as great as the post last year, but I'll give you a sneak peak of what we did.

First of all, it was cold.

Very cold.

You cannot understand how cold it was.

Really, for the past couple of weeks we've considered double-digits a heat wave.

So, Lune Lenore Violette and I did the only thing that we could.

We sang "Let it Go."


I know that this is the THIRD POST IN A ROW that features this song, but you can't have too much of this amazing Disney song!

"The cold never bothered me anyway!"

So, I say all of that to say that we were cold.

Our church decided to get VIP tickets this year because we almost didn't get in last year and we almost always have to sit behind the stage where we can't see.

Now while we did get to skip the five hour line, we still had to wait an hour to get in.

In order to make this brief, let me just say a few things.

Lune forgot her socks.

I had a short sleeve shirt and a jacket with no scarf.

Our feet didn't get warm until we had been inside for half an hour.

I'm sure you are tired of hearing about how cold we were, but I know that Lune is out there reading this and remembering those "good times."

Anyway, our friends Hannah and Sarah were going to hang out with us for the night and together we picked out the best seats.


We didn't want to sit on the floor because, well, I'm not that tall. We had a perfect view of the stage. Needless to say, we were pretty proud of our seats.


Here's a close up view of the stage.


I'm not all together sure who was on stage at this time, but I took a picture.

There were some really good bands there that night. The big stars of the night were obviously Lecrae and Newsboys. A few other popular artists were there as well such as NewSong and Plumb.

NewSong was the founder of Winter Jam and they play every year. They weren't my favorite last year but they were amazing this year! In one song they got this guy named Jared Emerson up there and he painted a picture of Jesus. You couldn't quite see it at first but when you did it was really cool.

We've all heard Plumb on the radio before and I was really excited to see her! I really like her song "Need you Now."

They usually have a hard core rock band at Winter Jam. Red played last year and they scared me. They had fire and post-Apocalypse costumes. It was weird. This year they had Thousand Foot Krutch.

Ugh...

All Lune and I got out of that was "Blow up the sky" and "Burn it Up."

Those were the only words you could understand.

There was a guy next to me who was really getting into it, though. There was originally a whole seat in-between us.

By the time TFK had gotten half way through there first song, there was 4 inches of room.

He was doing some kind of weird dance.

So...

Everyone was really excited for Lecrae, but, honestly, I'm not into rap. It's just not my thing. It was really cool getting to see him though.

Then it was Newsboys!

Wow.

The lead singer actually got up on a lift-thing and was three feet above my head.

I wish I had a picture.

I thought I was going to scream.

All in all, it was an amazing experience.

I cannot wait for the next Winter Jam.

5 comments:

  1. I went to Winter Jam two years ago! Sad thing was, I felt sick the whole time (lack of food) and when Skillet played, I almost got sick for real because of the beat. I don't understand loud bands like that. lol

    I might go next year! Maybe I could go with you guys! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't go that year, but I heard about Skillet. I don't consider it music if I can't understand what they are saying.

      You should definitely go with us next year!

      Delete
  2. Yay for Winter Jam! I had so much fun. I did not get TFK, though. I don't understand how screaming about "BLOWWWW UP THE SKYYYYY!" is Christian music. Lecrae and Newsboys were awesome! So was the cotton candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we were supposed to Blow up the Sky with our praise to God!

      Delete