Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bookish Academy Awards Part 2

Are you ready for part 2 of the Bookish Academy Awards?

A few of today's awards will feature book to movie adaptations.

Here is the list of awards given today.

1. Best adapted screenplay- book to movie adaptation

2. Best animated feature- a book that would make a good animated movie

3. Best musical score- book to movie adaptation music

4. Best short film- novella

5. Best documentary- nonfiction/historical

Are you ready?

Let's get started.

1. The Best Book to Movie Adaptation Award goes to...


Catching Fire!

The Catching Fire movie was absolutely amazing. It was almost exactly like the movie in every way! It could not have been better.

2. Best Book for Animation goes to....


The Invention of Hugo Cabret!

I know they already made this movie and I thought that it was very well done. I almost gave this award to a graphic novel I read, but I really think that The Invention of Hugo Cabret could have been a very good animated movie. Not in the cartoon since but as a black and white animated film. Kind of like the illustrations in the book.

3. Best Book to Movie Adaptation Music goes to....


Phantom of the Opera!

I really missed the music when I read this book at the beginning of 2013. It is just so good! 

4. Best Novella goes to....


Shadow of the Lights!

I don't read many novellas, but I just had to read this one. I loved it so much! The story was beautiful and I loved the characters.

5. Best Nonfiction/Historical goes to...


Listening With My Heart!

I read this book for my 4-H project on ASL. It is an autobiography of the first deaf Miss America. I enjoyed this book immensely and I think I learned a lot about being deaf, being Miss America, and hard work.

That is all for Part 2 of the Bookish Awards.

Tomorrow we will get to the big awards (best actor/actress, supporting actor/actress, and best action).

I hope you are enjoying the Bookish Awards!

So long!

-Hannah

2 comments: