Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Huge Library Haul + Camp NaNoWriMo

Hi, everyone! I just got back from my weekly library visit and I got a ton of books.



1. Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them by J. K. Rowling

2. Quidditch Through The Ages by J. K. Rowling

3. Animal Farm by George Orwell

4. One False Note (39 Clues book 2) by Gordon Korman

5. Hana's Suitcase by Karen Levine

I got this book a couple of weeks ago and never read it. I decided to get it again today for my Camp NaNoWriMo research

6. Growing Up in World War II by Judith Pinkerton Josephson

This is another book for NaNo!

7. Horseradish: Bitter Truths that You Can't Avoid by Lemony Snicket

I read this book last year and absolutely loved it. It is absolutely hilarious!

8. Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallgher Girls book 2) by Ally Carter 

I haven't read the first book in this series but I figured I might as well be ready when I do finish it!

9. My Secret War Diary by Flossie Albright

Yet another book for my NaNo research.

10. Manor of Secrets by Katherine Longshore

This book is kind of like Downton Abbey and I can't wait to read it!

11. Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School book 2) by Gail Carriger

I'm still reading the first book in this series as well, but I'm prepared!

12. Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society book 3) by Ally Carter

It came in! I can't wait to read this book!

13. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente

I just think this book looks interesting!

14. The Enchanted Castle by E. Nesbit

15. Eragon by Christopher Paolini



16. The Man Who Walked between The Towers by Mordicai Gerstein

I read this book at the library and returned it right after and that's why I included a picture. This was a very short picture book that I found on Goodreads and just had to read. I loved this book so much. It was a perfect reminder of the events on 9/11 for children.

So that's my library haul for this week!

Now for the Camp NaNoWriMo stuff!

National Novel Writing Month is a great program for people of all ages to write a novel in one month. It is traditionally in November.

However, in April they have a free writing month called Camp NaNoWriMo where you do not have to write a novel. You can write poems, scripts, or anything else you want!

You just have to set a word goal and work like you never have before all month.

I did NaNo in November back in 2012 and while I did meet my word goal I did not finish my book.

I am going to try this year for Camp NaNoWriMo.

My novel is a historical fiction book set during World War II.

The working title is Heart as Big as the Ocean.

I cannot wait to start on it!

Here is my first synopsis.

There will be another one much better closer to April.

Ana is a fourteen year old Jew living in Holland. Her parents were carried away from her when she was twelve and she has lived with her aunt, uncle, and cosigns since then. She doesn't feel wanted and Ana fears that one day she will be carried away just like her parents. Every night she prays for God to protect her and send people to stop the mistreatment of Jews. Every night she secretly writes a letter, puts it in a bottle, and throws it out into the sea. These letters contain every bit of Ana's journey and her struggle to survive. Little does she know that someone is finding these letters and that personage may be the key to her rescue.

I am setting my goal low just because I have a ton of Algebra 2 to get through. Not to mention, I'm taking the ACT this month!

My goal words is 10,000.

I know I am capable of much more than that because my previous novel currently has 18,089 words.

If I somehow write more than this, I will be thrilled.

I just don't want to put too much pressure on myself this month.

If I don't have time, I don't have time.

That's that.

Lune Lenore Violette is doing this with me.

To check out her novel click here.

I hope you enjoyed this post.

I do have a video for something special that I will hopefully post this week!

So long!

-Hannah

1 comment: