Sunday, March 2, 2014

Buying Books

I seem to be in the buying mood recently.

It sure doesn't help that I have a ton of Amazon gift cards from my birthday and Christmas.

Not to mention the fact that I have discovered the Target book section.

I absolutely love buying books. It just feels... satisfying!

I wouldn't say that this is a "book haul" type of post considering that I haven't really bought that many books. Yet.

I do however, want to show you what I have bought.


I was given a $10 gift card to Target from my band director as incentive to practice. I wandered all of Target searching for what to buy. I found it rather difficult. Then I found the book section. I was going to buy Cinder by Marissa Meyer but it was much cheaper to buy it on my Kindle and it was slightly damaged. That is how I wound up buying The Maze Runner. I'm starting to enjoy Dystopian novels and this looks like a great one. It is the first in a trilogy. They are making a movie out of it as well! Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about reading this book. 

Oh, and as a short trivia fact, this is the first actual "book" I've bought since I went Harry Potter book searching through yard sales.


I just had to buy it. I just HAD to. Why would I not buy a book that was only $3.56 on Kindle? I won't be able to get to it just yet, but I know that it is already waiting for me.


I have not officially bought this one yet. I have the money for it and it is currently only $3.99 on Kindle. I just haven't made up my mind to buy it yet. You see, I read the list of reasons that the movie was rated PG-13 and I'm still wondering whether or not I can read The Secret Life of Bees. I don't think it would be much worse than The Help, to be honest. I'm falling in love with this time period and I really want another book so that I can experience it again. If anyone has read this book, PLEASE COMMENT BELOW AND TELL ME ABOUT IT! 


I also just found out that this book is only $3.99! Amazon sometimes runs specials on books made into movies. I started this one sometime in the fall and stopped. I didn't like some of the words that they were using (not technically cuss words, but still...). I haven't bought this one either, but I'm considering it. 


This book is definitely more expensive than the books above at $9.17 for kindle. I really want to own this book, but I can't justify it yet. I don't see it going down in price and considering the size, it won't be cheap in stores.

If you've read any of these books I'd love to hear what you think. I'm going to try to start posting book reviews on here and these are some books that you are probably going to see eventually.

So long!

-Hannah






1 comment:

  1. I have so many books to read right now! So many, so little time!

    Yes! Please do reviews! You can use the format I use for reviews if you like! :)

    ReplyDelete