Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Another Library Haul!

It's Tuesday and I feel like the only things I post about right now are Library Hauls and Top 5 Fridays! I've got to work on that...

Anyway, because it's Tuesday I went to the library again!

I'm really trying to limit the number of books I get because I already have so many that are due next week, not to mention that I'm currently reading The Help which is 444 pages long.

Unfortunately, I didn't follow that rule too well today.


Here are the books I got.

1. Briar Rose by Jane Yolen

I don't know a ton about this book other than the fact that it is kind of like a Sleeping Beauty/Holocaust mash-up. I don't know how that is going to work, but it sounded interesting.

2. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende

This is another one I don't know a lot about. The description sounded interesting and I've heard that it's good so I thought I'd give it a try!

3. BETWEEN Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys 

Let me clear something up first. The reason that I have put "between" in all caps is so that you will notice that it is NOT "50 Shades of Gray." May I repeat, NOT! This is instead a book about the holocaust in Lithuania. Yes, I'm rather obsessed with books about the holocaust, but they're usually so good and well written!

4. Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter

This is the second book in the Heist Society series. I absolutely love this series! They're even making a movie with Elizabeth Banks (A.K.A. Effie Trinket) producing it! I loved the first book in this series and I cannot wait to read this one.

5. Holes by Louis Sachar

This is a book that I think we all own for some reason. I never actually read it, but after I saw polandbananasBOOKS's short review of it I though I'd give it a try. 

6. Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger

I've started to be a bit bolder in the YA section of my library. Usually the books have rather frightening covers and names like "Cut" and "Meeting Him." (I confess to making up that last title, but their a lot like that!) So lately I have been on a quest to find good books in the YA section and this is one of them. It is about a girl who goes to an etiquette school where she learns to fight (not to seem morbid or anything. I don't like violence, I just like action adventure!). There are multiple in the series with a few still to be released. The best part? I checked on Goodreads and no one has shelved it as "romance." Seriously, a YA without romance? I'm so excited!

I don't know when I will actually get to these books because, as I said, I'm currently reading The Help. I'll try to keep you posted as well.

I'm going to try to post about our last Teen Night soon!

So long!

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment