Thursday, February 13, 2014

Library Haul!


I have designated Tuesdays as my "library day." Lia always has ESL classes which are at the school next to the library. It is quite convenient for Ginger and I. We get around an hour usually.

This is what I happened to get at the library this time.



1. The Help

I'm just going to stop now and say that I am so excited about this book. It is already really good and I'm on the second chapter. It kind of reminds me of an American Downton Abbey set in the 60s without the romance. 

2. The World of Downton Abbey

Now I can feed my obsession with Downton Abbey even more! It gives more information about the history and how families likes the Crawleys would have functioned. It also gives you some behind the scenes information.

3. A Series of Unfortunate Events (the movie)

Most lovers of the book series were very disappointed with this movie and I am one of those. Still, Ginger really wanted to get it. We will be watching tomorrow night.

4. 130 Projects to Get You Into Film Making

5. Hana's Suitcase

Just so you know, this is a book that will feed my obsession with holocaust books. 

6. Disney songbook

7. The Official Illustrated Movie Companion for The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

8. Disney's Animation Magic

9. Pirates of the Caribbean, The Visual Guide

10. The Fellowship of the Ring, Visual Companion

11. Mary Poppins (audiobook)

This one isn't in the picture. I got it after watching Saving Mr. Banks. I've read the book before and didn't enjoy it, but I thought that I'd like to try it again. 

As you can see, I'm kind of into visual guides for movies. I've looked through part of Lune's Hunger Games companion and she gave me one for The Hobbit. The ones that I got at the library are pretty interesting. 

I'm also trying to learn a bit about the behind the scenes of movie making so that is why I have so many film books. 

I'm not quite sure if I will be going to the library this Tuesday because I may be traveling or I just have enough books!


This is a picture of my print-out that they gave me. I think I set a new personal record! My 10 books, one movie, one audiobook, and four of Gingers books caused this. I'm pretty proud of it and plan on putting it in my Smash Book!


The books that I have finished from my last library haul are Heist Society by Ally Carter (5 stars, amazing!) and Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. I recommend both of these, though I'd wait on Heist Society if you were under 13 just because it is a young adult book and well...

I hope you enjoyed this library haul!

So long!

-Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Awesome haul! I'm getting so much reading done with the new school schedule! We try to go to the library on Friday's if we have time! :D

    ReplyDelete