Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Quick Update!

Hi, everyone! It's been a few days... I'm really sorry that I haven't posted my T-Shirt Con yet. That is the next item on my blogger agenda. First, I thought I'd do a quick update on recent developments.

The first one may not seem important, but it is to me.

I went to the library. 

It was the highlight of my week.

I haven't been to the library in such a long time. 

I think it missed me!

The list of the books that I got is as follows: Lord of the Flies, Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident, The Council of Mirrors, Into the Spotlight (I couldn't resist getting a frivolous American Girl book!), Three Black Swans (a random pick), Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, The Hugo Movie Companion, Princess Academy, and Heist Society.

I started Heist Society yesterday and I absolutely love it!

I also got three movies, October Baby, The Incredible Hulk, and Letters to Juliet.

So, yesterday was a pretty wonderful day!

You may have noticed that I changed my name. "Jade Kanani" has been my pen name. My real name is Hannah Claire Dear. My sisters' real names are not "Ginger" or "Lia" either, but we'll leave their names a secret for now. I didn't really want to change my name, but considering the circumstances, it was necessary.

What are the circumstances, you may ask.

If you scroll up you will see all of my pages. I have added a new page entitled "Sign up for AWH Teen."

AWH Teen is a branch of Abide With Him which is a website created by my dad. It helps people have a good quality quiet time. I have created a teen version which is very similar to my dad's.

How it works is that every morning you will receive an email that will walk you through the six important steps in a good devotional time. You will also receive a short video (it is my dad for the adult version and me in the teen version) talking about the Bible passage that you read that day.

AWH has been going on for around a month now but AWH Teen will not start till February 10. I've been working on the first devotions for a couple of days.

So, to cut to the chase, I changed my name because my blog is linked on the AWH Teen page and I don't want to confuse everyone.

I highly recommend signing up for AWH Teen. It will be a great resource to help you have a closer walk with God.

I haven't taken a picture of the article yet, but my dad and I were in the local newspaper for AWH. We had an interview with someone from the faith section about it. I'll post a picture soon!

I also have a Twitter page now. My tweets are protected so you will have to follow me to read them. I accept almost all of my followers unless you are some creepy person or a spammer.

So, I'll get on the posts for the T-Shirt Con. I'll post today's, Tuesday's, and Monday's shortly.

So long!

-Hannah 

1 comment:

  1. I love the library! We went on Friday! I got a huge stack of books to read. I really want to do the AWH, I'm hoping I can because I have a lot of free time now with school changing and stuff. I can't wait to see your T-Shirt Con Posts! :D

    ReplyDelete