Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Rice Candy Eater's Home: North Market

Hi, everyone! I had a great Friday and I wanted to tell you all about it.

My friend, Hazel, invited me to her birthday party at a local market known as North Market. Trust me, we weren't shopping for produce or anything like that. We went there last year for her birthday and had a blast. I couldn't wait to go again!

Now, at Hazel's birthday parties, her older sister, Lune Violette, and I are the oldest. Because of that, we usually get more freedom.

That means that we get to walk around by ourselves and act all sophisticated.

And we are.

When we aren't talking about our favorite Disney movies, that is…

Anyway, the first order of business was getting some bread and waffles. They have amazing pretzel rolls for only 95 cents! Lune absolutely loves the Omega bread which I don't think I've tried yet. I got several of the waffles last time because I loved them so much. Here's a picture of the waffle display in front of the counter.


I actually didn't enjoy my waffle as much as I did last time, but it was still really good.

After that, we began Mission Rice Candy.

Let me just say that this candy is my absolute favorite candy.

I don't even know how to describe it.

It's just good.


Here is a picture of the box all of it comes in. By the time we had left, I'd bought two boxes, given three away, and eaten more than I should have.

A little bit later I also got some of the gum that they sell there. The melon flavor is my favorite!


Lune really wanted some chicken curry so we headed over there to buy it (you should have kept the penny, Lune!). Because we had so much food with us, we went upstairs to sit. Lune was nice enough to share some of her chicken curry with me. It was really good!


Don't go by looks.

Just don't.

It looks disgusting, but tastes so good!

I used this opportunity to take pictures of the market. 




Lune's friend, Ariel, arrived after we were finished and we all headed downstairs to get even more food. Lune challenged us to all buy a drink that we had never had before.

Lune got espresso.

Then she gave it to innocent children.

Then she tried to get me to try it.

It wasn't happening.

I got an orange drink from the place that sells the rice candy. It tasted like an orange cream soda. It had a great price of only $2!


Ariel, Lune, and I rode back to Lune and Hazel's house a bit later.

We are planning on renting a bus, painting it to look like a tardis, getting a bunch of our friends, and driving to the Comic-Con.

It's going to happen.

We had a sleepover that night and I got to wake up and go to tennis! What a wonderful thing to do when you've had 5 or 6 hours of sleep.

Anyway, the normal news at my house is that winter break is ending and I start school back on Monday. I'll miss my break so much. Still, I thrive when I am learning and on a schedule.

So long!

-Jade Kanani

4 comments: