Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Christmas!

I can't believe I haven't posted since September. I do have a history of blogging everyday for one month and then disappearing for three months and feeling really bad about it…

Anyway, today I thought I'd tell you about my Christmas. This year's Christmas was a lot smaller because our vacation was our big Christmas present this year. Instead of everyone getting presents for everyone else, we each drew names and that was who we would get a present for. We had around a $20 budget. I had my dad's name and my sister, Ginger, had my name.

My littlest sister, Lia, has only had two actual Christmas' in America (counting this year). We had an after-Christmas celebration when we got back from China (because we were gone on Christmas) but it wasn't the same. That is the reason that she was so excited this year.

She woke me and Ginger up at 5:30.

That was really early.

I know, I did it when I was younger but really. That is unrealistically early.

Technically, Lia was up before that and was too afraid to get out of bed.

So after Lia woke us up, Ginger and I had to sit downstairs for a little while just so that we weren't as sleepy.

Then, it was time to open our stockings. Lia loves deciding who opens their stocking when. I opened mine second to last. These were my favorite presents in my stocking.




 For those of you who do not know, this is what is called a Smash Book. I also got several other things to go with it. I have one smash book that I am almost done with and I've been planning on getting a new one soon. I was really excited to get this.


So even though we weren't getting as many presents as we usually do, my dad wanted to get each of us something special. He used the stockings from "Santa" as an excuse. 

So, he got me a portable speaker that uses bluetooth. It is waterproof and has a pretty good battery life. I love it so much. 



 Here is a size comparison compared to my Princess Leia bobble head (given to me by my friend Lune Lenore Violette!).

Then, Ginger gave me a couple of presents while mostly sticking to her budget. She got me earrings (I'm obsessed with the dangly ones), a scarf, and….


 Yes, Ginger gave me two mini nerd guns with extra shots. I love them so much. I'm actually pretty good with them.

Guess what I'm going to do when I'm bored!'

Here are some extra pictures that I took.


Here are our cookies and milk for "Santa" with celery for the reindeer.



As a tradition, I get my dolls dressed up in their Christmas outfits. In the middle is the wooden nativity that everyone made in my art class this year (they took around 4 hours of work!).


So, because Lia has two older sisters (Ginger is older by 4 ½ years; I'm older by 7 years) she often watches movies that are not meant for her age. Some of the few PG-13 movies that she likes are the Avengers movies. Her absolute favorite avenger is Thor (with Tony Stark coming in second). The words from her mouth were "I think Thor is cute." We've taught her well. You should know that her first crushes were actually Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) and Little Joe (from Bonanza). Anyway, we love to tease her about it and this year "Santa" gave her a Thor tooth brush. She won't let anyone touch it in fear that they'll run down the batteries. 


The day after Christmas we made a trip down to Alabama to see my grandparents. This is a picture of me on the way back. Yes, we do have a chair in our car. It was my great grandmother's chair and my mom really liked it. It was a nice foot rest. 

There was one other thing that we did for Christmas this year and that was delivering cookies to the fire department and a set of apartment complexes in the downtown area. It was really fun and it made me feel really good.

So that was my Christmas! I hope all of you had a magnificent Christmas. Remember, it's great getting all of these gifts and seeing family members but the true meaning of Christmas is Jesus.

Don't forget it. 

Now back to enjoying Christmas break.

So long everyone!

-Jade Kanani

No comments:

Post a Comment