Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Adventures in Cleaning

Hi, everybody! It's Jade (who else would it be…..). I'm sorry I haven't been posting for the last couple of days, but unless you wanted me to talk about tennis practice or the Football National Championship last night (my dad's a huge Auburn fan), I didn't have anything terribly interesting to discuss.

Today is a different story.

Maybe.

You may think this post is kind of boring.

I'm just going to post it anyway.

So, I have this problem with getting and keeping clothes that are too small or too big for me.

 I have clothes that I wore in fourth or fifth grade that I wore forever but haven't taken out of my closet. That kind of shows how much I've grown in the past five years of my life (I think it is somewhere around 5 ½ inches).

Then, there are the clothes that do fit that I've been wearing forever but just don't like. I mean, I really don't want to wear the cute ballet shirt that I wore when I was 11 when I am 15!

I do have some clothes that are too big for me as well. Why do I have them? Because Ginger won't keep them in her room. Oh well.

Maybe they'll fit one day.

If I grow.

Enough of that.

Today is the day that I'm going to fix all of this. I'm going to take all the clothes that I can, that don't fit, out of my room. Let's get started.


Here is the box I had to maneuver out of storage so that I could store my clothes in it. 

That was hard work. 


I cleaned out all my pants and part of my closet when the box was full. I was kind of upset about his because I still had a ton of clothes in my closet to take out. 


Now for the second box. 

This one got filled with a bunch of dresses that I wore when I was younger. It's always fun finding all of those old clothes at the back of your closet. I actually found a dress that Madison Louise gave me when I was around 10. 

The best thing that I found in my closet (aside from my old AWANA SpRky vest with every single award possible on it!) was this. 


It's not great lighting but I love this dress. The turquoise blue really washed me out but it was one if my favorite dresses when I was little. It was kind of my first not-so-little-girl dress. 

All I can say is that it will look so pretty on Lia! That color blue will look great with her black/brown hair (I really don't get why it's not jet black, I mean, she's Chinese!). 


Here are all of the hangers left over from my closet raid. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. 

So, I didn't get to clean out my shirt drawer because BOTH of he boxes filled up so quickly. 

That's okay though. I have so much more room in my closet and I can really see how many skirts I have! 

I just thought that I'd let you know that tonight, while my mom and her friends enjoyed watching the season premier of Downton Abbey (how I wish I could join them!), my sisters and I got to order pizza with stuffed crust and watch Rise of the Guardians. It was pretty fun! 

So long!

-Jade Kanani

2 comments:

  1. What dress did you find that I gave you??? I can't remember. haha. I love that blue and white dress! I think I had a similar one once.

    I have so many clothes, I haven't grown either sadly. I just keep getting more and more clothes because I get bored with my outfits. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pinkish red sweater dress with black stripes.

      I know what you mean. I'm addicted to Old Navy clothes.

      Delete