Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Smash Books all Around!

Hello, everybody! Today's post will be centered on my favorite type of journal: the Smash Book!

So, I told you a bit about Smash Books in my Christmas post. Just to give you a brief definition, a Smash Book is a scrap book that you fill with anything and everything in no particular order. You can make it all neat, but it's really more fun to just "smash" it in. They come in all sorts of colors. Each color  is filled with unique pages that go with the theme of the Smash Book. Some of the themes are classic, couture, and tasty!

The reason that I'm doing this post is because I literally just got a new one. I know. I just got one for Christmas, but they were between $3.50-$4! They are usually $13-$17 anywhere else.


Here is the first Smash Book that I got. I have painted it, but before that it was tan (like all Smash Books) with a pink spine. It is the "Pretty Style" and I really like it. It is very girly and has really cool pages.


Once again, here is the Smash Book that I got for Christmas. It is the "Eco Style" and has a lot of nature, recycling, and other eco-friendly stuff in it. I know that sounds weird, but it is pretty cool.


Lastly, here is my newest Smash Book. It is the "Smart Style" and it is filled with all sorts of school-related things. I love it so much because it fits with my personality so well. 


Here are all of my "Smash Pens." One one end they have a pen and on the other they have glue. The glue sometimes ends up locking the lid down, but the pen is great. Every Smash Book comes with a Smash Pen. You can buy more and even get different colors (I have a blue one and my sister has a pink one).


Here is one of the pages in my pink Smash Book. It is one of my absolute favorite pages. (Remember this one, Lune? It's the one with the picture you drew of Loki on the other side of the picture and the results of the mini reaping day I held.) 


Here's a last view of my Smash Books. I haven't done anything in my new ones but I've been saving a few things for them. My pink one is almost finished and, not to mention, huge! It is literally exploding. I don't plan on doing that with my other Smash Books. 

I hope you enjoyed this post! I definitely recommend Smash Books. They are so much fun!

…………………………………………...

Okay, so I know that this isn't Smash Book related but I just have to get it out. 

I watched Downton Abbey today.

The American season premier of the fourth episode came out on Sunday. 

But I'm not that far.

I'm still in the middle of season three.

Wow.

No movie or TV show, other than Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (only at the end and that was only because it was the last movie), has made me feel that depressed.

I already knew what was going to happen because several people had spoiled it for me.

I didn't think it would be that bad.

It was.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WHY???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you watch Downton Abbey, I just finished episode 5 in the third season. You know the one.

The one where she dies.

It was so dramatic the way they did it.

I can't stand watching seizures.

I think most of that is just because of Lia (in case you didn't know, Lia is epileptic). 

She was sitting right next to me.

She even asked what a seizure was. 

One day, Lia…

Anyway, I've been depressed all day. I tried to explain it to this two year old boy that I babysit but he didn't seem to care much. He was too interested in avoiding the turkey on his sandwich. Figures….

To sum things up, I'm upset which means that dementors are near by and that it is perfectly okay to eat plenty of chocolate.

So long!

-Jade Kanani







3 comments: